1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Attention Fastrak Owners

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by cranesrule, May 23, 2007.

1. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

As long as your taking the right amount of grass off for the conditions and driving the right speed to the conditions it will work excellent, as with any mulching mower, speed and conditions play a big part in cut quality.
  2. snowmower

snowmower LawnSite Member

I looked at it, drove it, loved it, brought it home. Bring on spring.
  3. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Thats great!!
    Welcome to the Hustler family!!
  4. Rog

Rog LawnSite Member

Count your blessing if you get more than 200-250 hours out of your carbon fiber belt pulleys. My neighbor and I have identical fastraks 44 16hp hondas. We had to replace our pulleys about the same time. Not sure about the grade of bearings used that used. But over about the above mention amount of time fiction and heat builds up in the bearings and heat causes them to seperate from the carbon fiber housings. Im my opinion these are one of weak points in the unit which is common to most models they sell. Could easily be re-engineered.
  5. bindian

bindian LawnSite Member

I have loved my 2005 18hp Honda 52 Inch cut Fastrac. Now, with 255 hours on it, I find out the Hydro-Gear Transmissions are obsolete and nobody is rebuilding them.......but parts are available. Only folks that have new units are Hustler Distributaors...........at $1088 plus freight. I am so glad I only need a left one.
    hugs, Brandi
  6. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 LawnSite Senior Member

With only 255 hours on it, I would be concerned the failure was due to an overspeed problem. Make sure this unit only turns 3400, engine is capable of higher RPM's but trans won't hold up, so you will end up having the same failure or the other side failing. Have you pulled the screen in the bottom of the trans to see if you have shavings??