1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Attention Florida Lawn guys

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Ric, Mar 19, 2003.

1. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Just in Memorandum # 749 Fla. Bureau of Entomology

Daniel Drumgool
    Nokomis Fla. ------------No Lic-------------Fine ----$1750.00

Bernard Geller
    Boynton Beach Fla.-----No Lic.------------Fine----$3750.00

There were no warning letters given to unlicensed people this month only the above fines. In years pasted they only gave out warning letters to first time offenders. I have heard that fines will be the rule from now on.
  2. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

That's great news for you Ric! Hope they keep it up. Now if PA will do the same.
  3. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Bureau of Entomology and Pest Control

This is the dept that regulates Round Up Spraying Also.
  4. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Ric, how many guys do you figure are applying chemicals in Florida? They caught 2 or is this only part of the list?
    We have the same problem here too few people checking for proper licences.
  5. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Historical, Discipline reports have listed unlicensed users as receiving only a written warning. This discipline report lists only two violators and they both received a fine of considerable amount.

Bottom line is Florida doesn't have enough inspector to cover the job. Therefore Unlicensed operators can get away with it. Florida Has not been hard enough on violators. Therefore I was very happy to see fines of Reasonable amounts to help stop illegal pesticides operators. I know a lot of guys who spray Round Up with out a license. I keep my mouth shut as not to cause problems. However These same guys can get limited licenses but won't spend the money. They cheat themselves on price and pass the saveing on to the customer. So I hope to see more fines and more stings.

One thing Florida does do is. Put about 6 to 8 inspector in a town for about three days to catch everyone they can. I would like to think the next time they have a sting Fines will be heavy.
  6. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

PS. Just having a spray tank in your track or trailer is enough to get fined. Loop hole is "intent to perform pest control"