1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Sean Adams, Sep 21, 2003.

1. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

Dear Members,

The past few weeks there have been rumors floating around about myself, LawnSite.com and it's members. I thought it would be a good idea to address the community personally.

First, a few members were unhappy with the rules that we are trying to enforce at this site. Unfortunately, this forum would not be able to operate without rules that are hardly any different than any rules any professional would abide by anyway. However, the question is, have these outspoken members been banned simply because they disagreed? The answer is DEFINITELY NO!

Second, it has also been stated on this forum that members are being banned because they "belong to other forums". This is ludicrous. The banned and/or suspended members are spreading these rumors because they are upset they were not above the rules of this site. I actually feel that the more sites the merrier. If it has a positive impact on the industry, I say go for it.

Third, banned, suspended and a few cowardly members are claiming that LawnSite.com and me personally are bothered by the existence of other sites. This also is untrue. My number one concern is LawnSite.com. What goes on elsewhere in cyberspace does not concern me unless it directly deals with my company or the sites in which I operate.

Fourth, it has also been said that I "do not care about members" and I am "only in this to make money". As all other falsehoods being spread, this is also untrue. The members of this site are my number one concern. Many members can testify that I am quick to respond to emails. It is obvious I am more than patient with those who have a blatant disregard for the rules. And I am working hard to bring new sponsors and new members to the board to make LawnSite a great educational tool as well as a powerful voice in this industry. If making money was my only concern, There would not be a "three strike rule" and I certainly would not be taking the time to even write this message.

I do not hide or avoid anyone. My email address, and office phone number is available to anyone who requests it. I am open to new suggestions always.

I must make it clear that this is a board to learn and share experiences. Childish behavior, disrespectful behavior towards other members and purposeful disregard for the rules will not be tolerated. There are members who felt that these rules and expectations did not apply to them simply because...

The false accusations, threats, libelous information, and attempts to steal from this site have been documented. In due time, those who have been a party to this sort of behavior will be contacted.

In the meantime, let's get back to being professionals who share this industry with oneanother. 99% of the members of this site act like true business-owning adults who never need told to follow the rules. It's a shame a few bad apples consistently try to spoil the bunch. That's not going to happen at LawnSite.com.

I genuinely appreciate all of the members, moderators, and sponsors that make LawnSite.com what it is today - the Original and Largest Online Community In The Green Industry.

Thank you for your time, and if anyone has any questions, e-mail me any time at sean@lawncaresuccess.com.
  2. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

Sean..I;ve told you this b4 and say it again. Since you took over the site, IMHO the childish and ignorant behavior has lessened, considerably. Good for you that you have the guts to deal with certain people who seem to just want to be noticed. Keep up the good work.
  3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

4. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

Sean - Yes, pretty work with Lawnsite. I love the community here. Your implementation and enforcement of rules are very reasonable. It seems to me that the individuals who have been banned had to work hard at it.

Thank you for the thoughtful thread. You and your staff take the time to be involved with folks here as well as create a nice environment, and it shows.
  5. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

I haven't had alot of time on here in the past weeks, but when I do get on I try to keep it nice.

Also Sean, is the "M" key on your keyboard sticky, cuz you spelled members "mebers" twice in that post, just checking if you hadn't noticed, don't take it the wrong way I'm trying to be helpful here :angel:

6. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

12,000 plus members will surely have a few who whine. This is the original site and it has the most information.

Try not to take the personal attacks in other forums too seriously. It happens everywhere eventually. I visit many sites but always seem to come back here. I do miss some of the "characters" that used to be here.
    Thanks for taking the time to clarify whats going on. This site is still #1 on my list.
  7. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Professional and adults are the key words in your post.
    I've given you my support in public and in private and I will continue to do so.
    Keep up the good work and remember always that honesty and integrity DO count!

For those of you who question Sean's integrity,let me just say, you are mistaken.
  8. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I think you are doing a great job here, Sean. This site is great and informational. That's what keeps me coming back.

9. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

He spelt it right 14 times. This is an internet BB, not a spelling bee.
    Crawdad, stickin' up for the man. (What's up wit' dat?) :confused:
  10. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

Thanks for your support everyone.

Yeah crawdad, what's up with you sticking up for me?:D

Eric.... I didn't get a chance to use spell check...sorry about that.