attention mr. leary

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by 1idejim, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I thought your chosen trade was flanging :)

2. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I gave it up when they invented a machine to do flanging/phasing. The challenge was using two tape machines running in tandem and slowing one down by hand to produce the phase shift. With a variable speed oscillator, more control was achieved. The Byrds used a vso on their masterpieces.

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I was just listening to Turn Turn Turn on the car radio - still sounds great (and it sounds like it was played, and not produced, which is probably a compliment to its production)

4. Mike Leary

I knew the producer and engineers of those dates, they were pretty much "hands off" and took direction from the band (mainly David Crosby, a ravingass/genius). Of course, there was a little of the mind-altering substance abuse going around in those days; tough on engineers and producers, we had to stay straight and keep track of the insanity going on on the other side of the glass. :dizzy:

5. Who was it Melissa Ethridge that wanted David Crosby's sperm for her and her girlfriend's love child? Never could get that. The guy was morbidly obese.

6. Mike Leary

They did it, she got breast cancer, he had a liver transplant (duh), but the child was conceived, as far as I know. Both great talents, but Crosby was edge city, I worked on the album De Ja Vu in San Francisco and the whole engineering crew quit and asked to be replaced (endangering our careers) because of Crosby and Stills. Great music, impossible to work with. :dizzy:

7. Oh well.....One woman's dream boat is another person's garbage barge.

Hey Mike I forgot your present. If you double click the pics get big for you. 55 years worth of playmates

http://igorkazakov.ru/playboy/

8. Mike Leary

Thanks, Peter, that brings back some pleasant memories sitting in the bathroom, uh, reading the articles.

9. Glad you enjoyed that Mike. My all time all time favorite will always be Debbie Davis in 1972.

10. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

You didn't work on any of the P.E.R.R.O. sessions did you?