Attention Npr Owners !

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by lawn king, May 4, 2007.

1. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

I had the valves tightened today on my turbo diesel, 52000 miles. They were all very loose, if they get too loose you will suck a valve!!

2. allinearth

allinearth LawnSite Senior Member

What year is it?

3. lawn king

2003 npr hd turbo diesel. I built it new from cab & chassis, knapeheide landscaper body,venco 11000 lb hoist, snoway 9' plow and xm satellite radio. I just had my first expensive repair, corrosion in my wiring harness. I told the dealer to check the valves while it was there. 4 seasons of work including snow, trucking/dumping,trailering my 4000 lb tractor, etc. So far im happy with the overall performence of the npr, these trucks are great on fuel, the diesels that is.

4. lawn king

Just for the record, my diesel is now much quieter and i have a little more power!

5. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Interesting. I was under the impression that those diesels used Hydrualic lash adjusters.

6. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

How much was the valve job... you have me worried about mine now.

7. lawn king

They only adjusted the valves, the lifters looked good. It ran me $300. Tilt the cab and you are there, nothing in the way, pull the valve cover and you are in there.

8. don arkon

don arkon LawnSite Member

Hey guys we run 5 npr all gas 5.7 vortec if you can work on a mower you can work on your own npr we service are own fleet cost very little