Attention!! please read! booster question.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by skrats, May 5, 2006.

1. skrats

skrats LawnSite Member

I need to carry 20 psi 1000' in 2" pvc. is this possible with the help of a booster pump?? i already have 20 psi at my source. in to have 30 at the end of 1000' feet of 2" pvc.

2. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

How many GPM?

3. skrats

skrats LawnSite Member

300 approx.

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

No way in hell. Not even a glimmer of hope.

5. skrats

skrats LawnSite Member

i tapped into a 15" well at a dairy house. i was told i would have 55 psi to work with. i installed a 2" mainline along the road which is 1000' feet long. i have zones with 18 4" popups with the 15x15 nozzle. the problem is that i installed the system before i had water. its hooked up and the heads dont perform well at all. i need at least 20-25psi at the end of my line. Thank you sooo much for replying so soon

6. JeffY

JeffY LawnSite Senior Member

300 gpm....you'd need a 24" size line...if that's even possible. hopefully you meant 30

7. skrats

skrats LawnSite Member

no hope?? are their any options. What is the most psi i could boost at 1000'

8. skrats

skrats LawnSite Member

well they told my that they have a 15" well and they have many tributaries off of this so called source. now i have a 2'' pipe that i was to connect to right off the building.

9. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Thirty gpm is a more realistic flow for a long run of 2 inch.

10. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

300 gpm puts your water velocity at 27 ft per second. Which is waaay over the safety line.

300 GPM also means your going to lose 39 psi per 100 feet. I'm surprised your getting any water at all :D

Now your saying your getting 20 psi at the tap, but 300 gpm, I'm sure your 15" well has a crazy huge pump, and your just totally confused.

I hate to say it, but you've totally hosed yourself on this one. This is why people with experience should install irrigation. My first clue that someone doesn't know what they are doing is when they suggest a booster pump to fix a problem.