Attention Rhode Island Landscapers/LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by FerrisDiesel, Dec 29, 2011.

1. FerrisDiesel

FerrisDiesel LawnSite Senior Member

Not yet, gonna wait til after the first of the year and meet up someplace, any thoughts?

2. FerrisDiesel

FerrisDiesel LawnSite Senior Member

I'm curious to see how you guys come up with a price in regards to curbside leaf pick ups. I haven't done alot of them, but want to do more of them this year, but I want the pricing to be spot on. I have a couple places I can dump for free, and the rest up in the northern part of the state I dump at the landfill for $20.00 a load.
    I'm not looking for your prices, just a formula to make sure I have everything covered, ex:

time to suck up pile x dumping fee x mileage = price?

3. atb1137

atb1137 LawnSite Member
    from RI

im also curious.i almost bought a leafvac this year. will definitely
    have one next fall.

4. lawnsbysteveRI

lawnsbysteveRI LawnSite Member

Does anybody from Rhode Island still use this thread?

5. ralph02813

ralph02813 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Charlestown, RI

Does Charlestown count!

6. lawnsbysteveRI

haha of course! I just moved out of Charlestown. I lived on Biscuit City Rd. for a while. Just moved to West Greenwich. I own Lawns by Steve. Yourself, Ralph?

7. ralph02813

Well, I just added organic to my name, so its Ralph's Organic Yard Care. I have lived here for 32 years - have been working for 2 years full time and 5 parttime.

8. lawnsbysteveRI

awesome. I myself started the business 4 years ago. Only spread my business through word of mouth, so I haven't grown too big and I'm pretty spread out everywhere in RI. This winter and next year however I want to focus on growing.

9. ralph02813

My personal email is rboragine@msn.com. I just dumped a dozen customers this past spring and summer to really focus on my core business which is total yard care.

10. lawnsbysteveRI

so were the accounts that you dumped too far away? Or were they customers that didn't want a complete package and only wanted yard mowed?