Attention Rhode Island Landscapers/LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by FerrisDiesel, Dec 29, 2011.

1. M & L

M & L LawnSite Senior Member

Sweets. You sound like me. Ill sell myself for the right $$$$

Mulch and more also owns a home demo company.

I ordered 20 yes for one property and it was full of nails. I told them to come back and take it back they said no. I said I'm done with you. Canceld the credit card on them
  2. lawnsbysteveRI

lawnsbysteveRI LawnSite Member

Yeah, I've seen a bunch of nails too. They add anything they can get to add to the grinder. Pallets galore get grinded up with the mulch, which is why there is so many nails. I learned early on it wasn't worth it to get mulch a few bucks cheaper from them
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. ralph02813

ralph02813 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Charlestown, RI

I try to use agway in Westerly nice stuff not a bad price not all agways are the same and not all sell in bulk. I know that for even the couple of bags I buy that the stuff at the NK agway is nowhere as good as westerly and its the same price.
  4. rlmlandscape

rlmlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

So far I haven't seen any trash in the mulch but if I start picking out nails it'll be back to looking for a supplier for me.
  5. lawnsbysteveRI

Hey fellas, I'm soon to be in the market for a 48 Exmark Lazer Z with the ultra vac system, and a 7X14 enclosed tandem axle trailer. I currently use a toro 50" ZTR and a 6X12 single axle enclosed trailer, but feeling the need to upgrade them both. If you know of either up for sale, point me in the right direction. Hope everyone is enjoying the gorgeous weather!
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. Thanksman

Thanksman LawnSite Platinum Member

7. lmlawn

lmlawn LawnSite Member

we use D&D Mulch out of mulch Ive used in years.

2 years ago we tried pretty much every one in the cranston/warwick/eg area and the mulch was all garbage.

D&D ...ask for Seth
  8. JMLandscaping

JMLandscaping LawnSite Member

Hey everybody just found this thread I am out of Foster, RI. I am looking for a walker if anyone has one for sale, and possibly a skid steer/ small backhoe(JD110)

Hope everyone is having a great year
  9. M & L

M & L LawnSite Senior Member

welcome jml

don't know of anyone selling a walker. steven roy up in Johnston? sells a lot of them and he has them on cl sometimes.

im selling a scag 52 tiger cub with a blown engine. 1500$ obo

we had oa small first meeting back in January and im sure everyone is busy right now. so check back

10. lawnsbysteveRI

Does anyone want a job trimming some bushes? I haven't met the guy, but I got a phone call and he wants some bushes trimmed sometime in the next week or so. I'm so swamped I won't be able to get to it so I told him I couldn't, but I'd try to find somebody. The job is in Cranston
    Posted via Mobile Device