1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Attention Rhode Island Landscapers/LCO's

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by FerrisDiesel, Dec 29, 2011.

1. JMLandscaping

JMLandscaping LawnSite Member

Ferris, great idea I have been thinking about that for a while. We need to know what is expected out of under CDL trucks. It seems you only find out you need something when you get a ticket. Keep me posted, I'm out of Foster, RI

...Also I'm selling an 03 Exmark Lazer Z HP 44" 17hp Hawi with Ultra Vac $3500
  2. lawnsbysteveRI

lawnsbysteveRI LawnSite Member

Just a thought. Last year most of us started landscaping again on, or right around April 1st. Anybody else starting to think it might be later than that this year? Here's hoping it warms up soon, I'm getting pretty bored!
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. JMLandscaping

JMLandscaping LawnSite Member

Last year our first cleanup was the 3rd week in March, I how its the same this year...
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. M & L

M & L LawnSite Senior Member

I don't remember when I went out but it was early.

Not looking the same this year.

Did we give up on a meeting.
  5. FerrisDiesel

FerrisDiesel LawnSite Senior Member

Haven't given up on the meeting, when do you guys wanna do it? Where would you like to do it?
  6. lawnsbysteveRI

lawnsbysteveRI LawnSite Member

everybody getting ready to start back up? I was curious if anybody else charges by the square foot to dethatch? Got a pretty big lawn to dethatch, and not sure if my normal $60/thousand sq feet is going to be too high. And one other question I've always been curious about. In the spring, do you guys stick with mowing 1X a week and just mow it short, or do you mow the lawns every 4-5 days when the grass is growing fast? Meeting with the accountant this afternoon. Time to see what this year's tax bill looks like!
  7. Borgey401

Borgey401 LawnSite Member

Hey guys, new to the site. Do most of my work East Bay. Just wanted to introduce myself to my fellow Rhodeys
  8. tomsyardcare

tomsyardcare LawnSite Member

I agree no herbicides, no pesticides no license needed
  9. johnfaria68

johnfaria68 LawnSite Member

Hello Rhode island
  10. ralph02813

ralph02813 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Charlestown, RI

Hey John almost spring, get that spreader ready!