1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Attention: Those with Lesco Leaf Loaders

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Dstosh, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Dstosh

Dstosh LawnSite Senior Member

I have a problem with my lesco leaf loader. I just cant get it started. The first picture shows where gas is coming out of. I know that there must be some fuel line that goes some where but I just cant find it. If anyone has a similar unit could you please check and let me know where this mystery fuel line goes? Thanks

blower 001.jpg

blower 003.jpg
  2. mkroher

mkroher LawnSite Senior Member

under the gas tank?
  3. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

There should be a line from the fuel tank to the fuel pump ( the black plastic thing bolted on the right side) then a line from the pump to the carb. Looks like your missing the one frome the pump to the carb.
  4. Dstosh

I got the unit started today. That fuel line fitting pictured will only dump fuel out when it is on low idle. Does anyone know how to adjust this? Or what would be causing it to dump fuel out at low idle? I changed the plugs, they were borderlined fouled out. So that tells me it is getting to much fuel at low idle, thus it is dumping it out the valve.

5. jackedf150

jackedf150 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

I had the same problem last week with my billy goat. Took the tank off and found that the hose had swolen on the bottom of the tank by the filter. Got new line and fixed it.
  6. Dstosh

I will double check the lines, but I am pretty sure that the fitting above was leaking. We hooked a hose up to it,and funneled it back into the gas can.
  7. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

The hose fitting in question is the bowl vent, There is not supposed to be anything on this fitting. Your problem is a non-seating fuel inlet needle valve (float valve).

Take the top off the carb then remove the float and needle valve, Spray carb & choke cleaner through this port then the rest of the carb bowl. Install a new float valve and re-assemble.
  8. Dstosh

Thanks rob, I was waiting for you to reply!