ATTENTION Walker owners

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by shade tree landscaping, May 31, 2008.

1. shade tree landscaping

shade tree landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone have any pics of the "bins" that go inside of the walker hopper? Or maybe pics of a set up home made? I have looked online and can't find any pics of them. Tried using a large staorge bin in there but since it didnt fit exactally the grass was packed in all around the bin making a mess when I took it out. Rite now I am dumping onto a tarp and then shoveling the majority of the clippings into the truck and then the tarp; or by hand putting the grass in the green 55gal barrel. Both of these two methods are KILLING ME.

Thanks in advance guys

2. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher LawnSite Member

3. shade tree landscaping

Thanks, thats exactally what I was looking for!

Now if anyone has any pics of a home made set-up or pros and cons on using the bins from walker?

4. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher LawnSite Member

5. Dean of Green

Dean of Green LawnSite Senior Member

I have the bins that Walker sells(the ones in the video). Overall I am pleased with them. I can easily manage dumping into the truck with these. The downside of these bins would be that some of the debris falls between and behind them.
    When you go to empty them you will still have some debris in the hopper. The bins will not fit back in there until you get the debris out. I usually put one of the bins on the ground below the hopper and dump. So in essence you will have three dumps into the truck to make. The large reuseable bag in the video comes in handy as well. Just much heavier. I hope this helps.
    Good luck

6. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

While I do not use them, it's nice that Walker does offer so many options on their mowers to help folks out making money

7. shade tree landscaping

Overall you would recomend them DEAN? I looked into the bag they sell I just think that when its full of wet grass its gonna be heavy, thats where the 2 bins come in very nice! About how much did you pay for them Dean?

8. Dean of Green

Dean of Green LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, I would recommend them. Well worth having. I don't recall what I paid for them. Seems like it was around $150, but not sure. You are right the bag gets very heavy. The bag I got from Lesco and it comes in handy for other jobs, as well.

9. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I have the bins as well, and while some people can't handle lifting them and dumping them too well, lol, I like them. They are the inexpensive answer for getting the grass into the truck bed! I use a large storage bin on the ground under the hopper opening to catch what's left behind from the bins. I pull the right one out, dump it, set it aside, then the left one out, dump it, and then while still holding onto it resting it on the ground I tip the hopper on the mower using the handle on the rear door (there's not enough weight in there to make this too hard on anything) when it's in the dump position I give it a "jiggle" good and then lower back and slip in the left bin, then the right and shut the door. I can usually get 2 "dumps" into the storage bin that's on the ground.

Sure, I'd love to have the hi-dump, but it adds a lot of weight, effects my hill control, and if the truck bed is already pretty much full I'd not be able to dump it. Not to mention it's about $3,700 installed...

10. shade tree landscaping

thansk for the info guys, looks like I will be going to the Walker dealer tommorow