ATTENTION WRIGHT SENTAR /STANDER Guys!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MidAtlantic, Feb 22, 2005.

1. MidAtlantic

MidAtlantic LawnSite Member

Now that I have your attention. I was wondering if you guys could tell me how well those Sentar & Standers stripe? Do you guys have an photos of some of your stripes?

I hear a lot about rutting and turfing due to tire damage...You guys know best so could you tell me how much of this is true and how often does it happen to you?

I really appreciate your testimonies on these machines....

2. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

who gives a crap how a machine stripes. If you purchase a machine simply for its striping ability, well enjoy.

Ive no issues with rutting or turf tearing. its all in how the opperator runs the machine.

this was one of the first cuts last year. sure it lays lines, but dont you think there are more important issues with a mower?

P1010010.JPG

3. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I am with Jason. You can put a striping roller on just about any mower to get the desired effect. If you are looking for an increase in production, less fatigue, easy maintenance, and generally a fun to use mower, then a Wright Stander /Sentar is for you. I have no problems with rutting or tearing turf, either. It's all about the operator..

4. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

This is the back yard of my parents house. Its all hill.

52" wright stander laid these stripes.

stripes resized.jpg

5. MidAtlantic

MidAtlantic LawnSite Member

Itsgottobegreen, Nice Stripes!!!!!!

6. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

The stripes and the house both look great.

7. Legacy

Legacy LawnSite Member

Had problems with rutting (much worse than a walk behind but not quite as bad as a rider) and hated the fact that the Stander has a fixed deck!!

I prefer the J. Deere/Great Dane style stand on with a floating deck..makes a huge difference overall to me!!

Actuall I have moved on to riders almost exclusively now anyway as a lot of my properties are larger now...

8. slt40

slt40 LawnSite Member
    from nc

I have a couple of standers & a 61 sentar, the standers stripe great in my opinion, the sentars do not stripe well. High lifts help a little, but the thing is stander blades are deep in the deck, meaning the grass gets bent over alot while it gets cut. Sentar blades are at the very bottom of the deck, allowing for a cleaner quicker cut, but no bent over/striped grass.
    good luck, I likem both

9. Wayne Landscaping

Wayne Landscaping LawnSite Member

I think its ironic how the two guys who post pics and talk about how great the standers are are selling them

10. slow release

slow release LawnSite Member

I was just thinking the same thing :laugh: