1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Attn: DVS

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by JimLewis, Mar 3, 2011.

1. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

2. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Idiot. LOL and they're watermarked with my logo!!!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. JimLewis

I know. That's what I was thinking.

I found that by just doing a Google image search for 'landscape lighting patio'. It was like the 10th photo or something. Then I noticed your company name. Makes you wonder how many more there are like that, doesn't it?

I had that happen to me on about 20 different sites in the last 2 years, before I started watermarking all my photos and before I disabled the right-click option on my website. I eventually took care of each and every one of the bastards. They all removed them. But how stupid!

4. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

And they Copyrighted at the bottom of the page.

5. wurkn with amish

wurkn with amish LawnSite Senior Member

haha ha! BALLSY.......

6. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Must be a site still under construction. No contact info, and no real contact info listed through Whois.com
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. JimLewis

True. I guess if you want to pursue getting it removed, you'll have to contact HostGator and follow protocol for reporting intellectual property / copyright violations. I've had to do it a few times before. Usually, I don't have to go that far. But it's not too difficult. You just have to contact them and see what the correct protocol is for filing a report. Then, as long as you follow that protocol, they will usually take it down within a week or so.

It would be much easier to get it removed if there was some sort of contact info. on the site. Very odd site anyway. I can't figure out exactly what he's trying to do or sell.

8. starry night

starry night LawnSite Silver Member

Did you look at the "About" page?
    To me, it looks like a website school assignment gone astray.

9. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

Installing a low-voltage outdoor patio lighting system is an easy do-it-yourself job, but no unusual electrical skills area needed. First draw a rough plan of your patio. Take your patio plan to Lowes or Home Depot or a store with a similar lighting dept. and browse their selection of lighting. Ask a salesperson for help if you need it.

Solar accent lighting can be just what you need to keep your home looking attractive without breaking the bank. You can install the lights now, and then even if you need to move out and leave the house sitting on the market for a while, the lights will still come on automatically every evening. You won’t need a timer – your solar lights will sense when it is dark enough for them to be wanted. They will shine continuously until the sun is up the next day without hitting you with sky-high electric bills every month the house sits empty.

My vote is for a school project.

10. JimLewis

Yah, could be. And it's up to DVS whether it bothers him enough to do anything about it. But if it were me, it would bother me because that site comes up right near the top of the Google Image Search. So that just puts it out there for anyone else to steal or copy too.

Personally, I don't want to see my work on any one else's site without my express permission. I don't really care what the site is for. If it was a private site that nobody would ever see, I might be a little more forgiving. But if it's something that's popping up high on Google searches with my photos on it - no. I wouldn't let that go.