ATTN. Exmark Walk-Behind owners.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AB Lawn Care, Jun 13, 2000.

1. AB Lawn Care

AB Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I currently own a Walker.Don't get me wrong I love these machines but I think I wont be buying one of these machines agian for a while.Why you ask?Well I bought a 36'' scag dual hydro 14hp last year and loved it.I realized that Walk-Behinds would be much better for residential jobs.And I could get alot more for the same amount of money!My question for you Exmark Walk-Behind owners is how well do they mulch,bag and also handle?I don't think I have heard 1 complaint from Exmark owners.I would be buying a 52 or 60'' most likely.Also are there any sulkys that can be used in tight spaces that will not get in the way or slow you down?Also can you buy a dethacher for one of these?If any of you could answer these questions I would be very thankful!<p>----------<br>from:Adam<br>AB Lawn Care

2. columbiaplower

columbiaplower LawnSite Senior Member

i have a tt 60in love it. i dont bag or mulch but with that bad boy u dont need to. handels great. I would get a 52 in deck though i think the 60 is too big for a wb. I use one wheel velkes on all of my wbs. They are great in tight spaces but if the ground is wet it leves a 3 wheel mark. The mowers are great i have 3 exmark wbs love them all one is 9 years old and still runs good<br>hope this helps <br>-nick<br>

3. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

A JRCO tine dethatcher bolts on...if the dealer will do that let them, I had a hell of a time, trips for washers etc.<p>

4. Marquis Lawn

Marquis Lawn LawnSite Member

Does the JRCO dethatcher do much? It looks like it might help a little bit, but does it really remove the thatch?

5. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

go to search link under the ad banner and type JRCO as your search topic. I think you will find past discussion on the subject. If not you might want to start a new discussion so it will get noticed. This is a eXmark discussion.

6. AB Lawn Care

AB Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Thanks guys!Does any one else run Exmark Walk-Behinds?<p>----------<br>from:Adam<br>AB Lawn Care

7. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

I have 3 Turf Tracer Hydros. (60&quot;)

8. bdemir

bdemir LawnSite Senior Member

I have a tt60&quot; as my primary mower for residential. I love it but its too big for residential. It scalps those small ditches and small hills. I would buy a 52&quot; for residential. I would also go with the 22 horse kohler and you will have a mower that will but through anything with a set of gator blades. The 60 is a great mower but too big for small jobs.

9. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

I have a 4 year old tt 52 18 kohler mulches exclusively, I love it only real repairs have been belts and a center spindle assy, one at 900 hrs and a bearing lunched 100 hours later but i blame that on the guy who put it together.<p>Bill

10. steveair

steveair LawnSite Bronze Member

Hello,<p>Demoed a 52 turf tracer last week and loved it. We are getting ready to buy one this week. I demoed one with a 18 hp kohler (a dealer demo model they said, because they usually have 17) but am going to go with the 22 kohler 52 instead. We get behind a lot, so the extra power should be a big help. <p>I ran it on some of the hills, drainage swails, etc. around our facility, and I think everyone before is right. A 60&quot; would be too big. It scalped a few spots where our 36&quot; bobcat doesn't, but I think raising the deck a 1/2&quot; will help solve that problem. Also, because of the floating deck, you can't push up the front as easily when coming up over crests, therefore scalping some. Again, I think with a little more run time on the machine this problem could be solved. <p>Also, just for saying it, we got a price of 4995.00 for the 22 HP. <p>steveair