Attn: Helpful Landscapers

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Emily, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Emily

Emily LawnSite Member

This is my first post and the reason I joined is because I work for a contracting company that needs 9" landscaping/gripper stakes and I can't find them so I thought I would recruit some wonderful professionals that might be able to help. The spec sheet I received for the job specified that we need the Redpath Gripper Poly-Nails, which are exactly what we need, BUT we're a government contractor and we're not allowed to order out of the country. Redpath doesn't have any stateside distributors anymore. Does anyone know where I can find these nails? They have to be the gripper ones for loose/sandy soil. I would really appreciate it! Thanks and have a wonderful day!

2. Dreams To Designs

Dreams To Designs LawnSite Bronze Member

3. Emily

Emily LawnSite Member

Thank you so much for your reply! The EcoPins are close but they can't be biodegradable D':

4. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

What are the pins going to be used for, landscape fabric, erosion control, etc....

5. Danscapes

Danscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Eco-pins are bio-degradable, I really don't know why though, because when you think about it if you staking fabric down you would want them to last for a long time not rot.

6. Emily

Emily LawnSite Member

It is going to be used with some sort of fabric to stop landslide issues, if that helps!

7. yardatwork

yardatwork LawnSite Senior Member

Lowe's has landscape fabric pins. If you're just looking to stake down fabric do they really need to be 9" and a specific brand?

8. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

another thought too would to use Aluminum spikes or long nails of some sort.

Otherwise I would go with the fabric pins like suggested. Sure they'll deteriorate, but it will take a very long time for that to happen, and if you're putting anything over the fabric such as rock, that will hold it in place in the long-run too.

Plastic tent spikes might work too.

9. Emily

Emily LawnSite Member

It's government so they say 9" or more but no less, I found 6" ones but were rejected.

10. bobw

bobw LawnSite Senior Member

Around here, we use biodegradable erosion control fabric on slopes that are hydro seeded. The bio-degradable pins and fabric disentigrate, but they take a while...which allows the wild grass seed to grow to the point that its root systems can support the slope safely