Attn... Kansas City Area

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cwmiller928, Feb 4, 2007.

1. cwmiller928

cwmiller928 LawnSite Member

I've been in the business for awhile now part time. And im deffinatly looking to go full time this year. In previous years i've stuck to just the mowing side. This year im looking to offer fertilization programs. I know of the Lesco distributer in Liberty but was wondering if you guys could give me some dates and what to apply. Maybe a chart or something of that matter. thanks for the help in advance.

2. Loy's Home Services  LLC

Loy's Home Services LLC LawnSite Member

Do you plan on applying any type of pesticide also. If so you better get your licsense. Otherwise you can only apply fertilizer only!

3. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

Probably the easiest way to find out what & when is to go to Scott's website. They have a lot of residential info that might be of some use as to what to apply & when. Just remember that you will have more to apply than a homeowner so you will probably be starting at the beginning of their recommended start times. It is not completely accurate, but can be used as a guide.

4. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

Try the Mo Dept Of Ag. They have a list of testing times and you can purchase the study materials needed to pass the necessary tests. Good luck!!

5. cwmiller928

cwmiller928 LawnSite Member

I would be strictly just fertilizer. No pesticides.

6. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

Just fertilizer? How do you plan on taking care of people's broadleaf, crabgrass, & insects? Sub that part out?