attn. quickbooks users

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by BLL, Apr 15, 2003.

1. BLL

BLL LawnSite Member
    from MD

I am using quickbooks for the first time this year and just realized a problem i am going to have. I have mostly monthly accounts and im not sure how to enter daily work inquickbooks without invoicing for each days work. I liek to enter everything daily as to nto forget anything at the end of the month. The biggest problem is mowing. After mowing 10 yards a day 5 days a week 4 weks a month there is now way im gona remember whos i cut when. How do you guys enter this info or keep track of it outside of Quickbooks. Thanks

2. Fine Lines Lawn

Fine Lines Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I use QB Pro and love it. My suggestion is to go ahead and invoice every days work, the way you thouht of, and send monthly statements to your monthly customers. That way, you'll be able to do your tracking of production, and still bill the way you want to.

3. BLL

BLL LawnSite Member
    from MD

so you are sayin every day do an invoice for every customer and send a STATEMENT at the end of the month rather then an INVOICE.

If i do that how do you recieve payments, will it automatically apply teh payment to all of the invoices from the previous month?
    Thanks for the help!

4. Mueller Landscape Inc

Mueller Landscape Inc LawnSite Senior Member

You can create the invoice and stamp it "Pending" from the edit menu. The next time you mow, just bring up that same pending invoice and add the new cut to it. Continue through the end of the month and stamp it "final" and send it.

5. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

John, is this for every version of Quickbooks, or 2003 Pro???

Thanks

6. KerryB

KerryB LawnSite Senior Member

I use Qb Pro 2000 and this is how I do it.
    I just start an invoice and then save it. The next week I open it back up and add to it.

7. Mueller Landscape Inc

Mueller Landscape Inc LawnSite Senior Member

Ken,

I believe that all the versions of Quickbooks has this ability.

8. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 LawnSite Senior Member

I use quickbooks for 100% of my record keeping. With all my mowing stuff i never use invoices. After everyday of mowing I enter "statement charges" these are entered into the Accounts Recievable window directly and are not assigned an invoice number. when a statement is printed it shows the job description along with all payments applied during the period

quickbooks allows you to enter payments that are automaticaly applied to specific items.

9. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

LawnMaster...How do you invoice customers??? The only prob. with your method is you cant add sales tax...

10. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

I keep my mowing records on excell spreadsheet. Do a printout at invoicing time.

Mark