Attn. Scag Guru's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by hoosierscooter, Jun 8, 2009.

1. hoosierscooter

hoosierscooter LawnSite Member

So I have been looking for a used Turf Tiger 61" Kohler/Kawai. either motor is fine . The better deals are on the Advantage . I have read where everyone raves over the Velosity. My question Is it worth $1000.00 more for
    the Velosity. What makes it so much better. I have a 48" advantage now on a tiger cub & it seems to do fine. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Daily Lawn/Landscape

Daily Lawn/Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Yes! Yes! Yes! The only thing I like with the advantage deck is on my 36". The rest clog up. Wish I could replace all mine with the velocity.

James

3. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssss

4. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

Had the advantage on my Wildcat. Now have the Velocity Plus on my Tiger. Yes the Velocity is worth the money. It moves massive amounts of grass wet or dry. i hope Scag don't pull an Exmark and try to re-invent the velocity plus.

5. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

I have a the 61" advantage and rarely have issues with clogging or build up. I think it depends on how the lawns are kept up or area your in.

6. TaylorLawn

TaylorLawn LawnSite Member

I have heard good things about the velocity, I currently have 3 SCAGS (2 Turf Tigers and a Walk Behind and all have the advantage, (velocity was not available when I purchased these machines)....However, I have not had any issues with them at all, and they get a lot of use......I

7. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

the velocity deck is a miracle.

we have had massive amounts of rain here early spring with growth approaching 6-10 inches per 7 day period. we have a 48" ferris ztr and a 48" scag pro v walkbehind, we wouldnt even bother pulling the ferris off the trailer during that time.

the deck is also good at leaving a manicured cut b/c of the vacuum it produces, i use mine with the front baffle in the lowest position combined with hi lift blades and it leaves an awesome cut and stripe.