Attn Snapper owners

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Double D, Jan 27, 2001.

1. Double D

Double D LawnSite Member

Howdy all, I just bought a 52" Snapper hydro w/17kaw. I was wondering how the mower mulches with the Snapper mulching blades. I notice that the design is quite different from the 'Gator' type blades. Also, any helpful hints having to do with this machine would be much appreciated. The loop steering seems to be a big plus. Thanks in advance-Double D

2. Skookum

Skookum LawnSite Senior Member

Is that the Ninja blades?

3. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

If you dislike a product you now have to tell why you dislike it, you can't just say a product sucks!!! We have companies that are helping to pay for this forum and a lot of other companies that are reading these posts that could be future sponsors too. Chuck can't provide us with this forum just for the fun of it, he has to eat too.

[Edited by Eric ELM on 01-28-2001 at 10:55 AM]

4. lawman

lawman LawnSite Member

go with the gators they make short work of your leaves!

5. Double D

Double D LawnSite Member

Yes it is the Ninja Blades. Lawnworks, do you have experience with the Ninja's, and don't like them? I have always heard that the 21' mowers with the Ninja blades did an excelent job of mulching.

6. Skookum

Skookum LawnSite Senior Member

I use a Snapper 21". I think the Ninja blade works OK, but I use Gators on it with I think slightly better results.

7. Double D

Double D LawnSite Member

Thanks Skookum, thats the kind of info I am looking for.
    Double D

8. Bryan McMullen

Bryan McMullen LawnSite Member

I have a 33" yard cruiser and I have used both,I prefer the gator blade also.

9. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 52" Snapper Walkbehind i purchased it new in 93. Its my favorite walkbehind, I use Gator Blades for mulching, and regular high lift blades in the summer. I also use a velke, You will love the loop steering, and the control bar, This will be my 8th yr with this mower and ive replaced 1 regulator, and 2 belts, I have the 16hp Vanguard its been a great engine. I cut with scag also but the snapper cuts much better, hope you have a great season with your new Snapper, they also stripe great and are built like tanks, Believe me ive put mine through about everything. Just keep up on you preventive maintenance, I change hydro filters every 100hrs when its dry and dusty. But you made a good choise.

10. Double D

Double D LawnSite Member

Thanks again for the good info-Double D