Attn: thelawnguy

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawrence stone, Oct 24, 2000.

1. thelawnguy wrote on 9-12-2000

>"If you have a "good" lawn mower you can just mulch them into dust."

Tell ya what Stone, come back up here to CT sometime in mid-November, with your "good" mower set up for leaf mulching, if you can mulch all these leaves into dust I will pay your travel time and spring for eats plus pay you for what I would get to haul the leaves away, if not we take pictures of the mess with your new camera, post em up, oh yeah, you help me load the 6 yards of mulched leaves into my truck.

---------------------------------------------------------

Call me whenever you are ready. I am "accustomed" to eating in 5 star restaurants and will only accept payment in cash at the end of each day when working as a subcontractor.

[Edited by lawrence stone on 10-25-2000 at 01:47 AM]

2. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

The maple leaves which are now falling are childs play. We will wait til mid-November when the oak leaves fall and collect into a wet mat 4 inches thick.

I for one would have no problem letting you work thru the cloud of burning Toro blade belt smoke.

3. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

I think there should be an official from LawnSite.com present to verify the results and declare the winner (or loser).

4. HealthyLawns

HealthyLawns LawnSite Member

5. jaclawn

jaclawn LawnSite Senior Member

It's hard to steal second if you don't take your foot off first.

What does this mean?

A. You cannot steal(take with you and take home) second base off you don't take your foot off of it first.

B. You cannot steal second base if you never take your foot off of first base. i.e. you can't strech that far.

6. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

Jaclawn,
    B. But it doesn't mean you can't stretch that far. The saying means you won't get anywhere if you don't try to go for it. Better yet, you won't succeed if you don't try to.

Bill,
    Now if you wait and let the leaves build up for a month, I think Stone's or any other mower will have a hard time mulching them up. The point to mulching leaves is to get to the leaf accounts once a week, or at least every other week, and if you have a decent mulching set up, you won't have to collect the leaves. But I do like your concept of challenging someone (and their ego) to come take care of your leaves. I can't offer as good a prize as you but I myself don't believe any of these Lawnsite guys could mulch any of the properties around here in another 2 weeks. Any challengers want to come show me up?

7. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I still have problems relating to the quantity of leaves in the Nrtheast. We have Oaks galore down here, every variety possible. We have Maples, dogwoods, Magnolias etc........ Nobody in this part of the country, except the City, has a machine to load leaves, we mulch and bag and do a good job at it. I agree, if we left them for a month and it rained ( ya right)they could be a problem, but we would still do our routine thing and get them up as always.

Homer

8. thelawnguy

BRL explained my sig very well.

Im curious as to how "spring for eats" turned into "dining at 5 star restaurants"? Heck we dont have any of those in this state!

9. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

If we'll be dining at 5 star restaurants, I will come up there and rake the leaves.

10. thelawnguy

Well, so far I have not trucked away one leaf, partly due to my wanting to mulch all I can to see what happens, and partly due to 40mph winds last weekend.

I can see how depending on accounts one could mulch everything, but quality issues tell me it wont be practical the whole fall season.

Lawrence, rather than suffer the indignation of one of your Toros traipsing my customers property, contact me and Ill send you a consolation prize for you to stay home.