1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Attorney Fees

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by inline lawn care, Aug 16, 2007.

1. inline lawn care

inline lawn care LawnSite Member

What is the average cost for an attorney to draw up a lawn maintenance
  2. PBinWA

PBinWA LawnSite Member

Find a lawyer that needs their lawn mowed. You might be able to do it on barter.

Otherwise, I'd suspect you would be looking at $500-$1000 for a decent lawyer. That's just a guess though. Most lawyers don't want to work for less than that.
  3. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I would think you would get alot of responces, I dont do contracts for residentials just comercials. I got mine for free, but everyone always talks about lawyer this, lawyer that so there must be some good awnsers out there.
  4. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

just do it yourself,
  5. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

$150 an hour cause they all fixed thier prices. dont you wish lawn boys were that smart?
  6. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

We havea lawyer we use for legal stuff like contracts, hold harmless agreements, and the like. He charges 175 per hour for him and another 100 or 125 an hour for his legal aids.

Just keep in mind the clock starts the minutes he picks up the phone.

If you are trying to get a contract done your best bet would be to write something up, have others review it (family, friends, business associates), and THEN hand it over to the attorney...it will save the attorney time and you money.

that's what we did and I think it cost us around 200 bucks for our snow plow contracts which are 2 pages for residential and 3 or 4 for commercial accounts. He basically saw the format I wanted and what I was trying to state he just added the words 'shall', 'including but not limited too', and the like.

IMHO, our contract is very good and I haven't (knock on wood) had a problem with it. Well worth the money I spent on it.
  7. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

Please don't hire a lawyer for this.
  8. Mrs. H

Mrs. H LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, It took David and I 7 years to finally come up with one we liked...and I think he posted it somewhere here. Look at it and any others that have been shared here. We took alot of our "fine print" from Groundskeeper Pro and tweaked it to fit our needs.
  9. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

i did my own
  10. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

For those who "write their own," why don't you do legal work rather than lawn services? The pay is much, much higher, and the work environment is cleaner and more comfortable.