1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Attracting Lawn Install Jobs

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by battags, May 5, 2008.

1. battags

battags LawnSite Senior Member

Well, my wife and I have our first child on the way and we decided to do some restructuring this season to free up some of my time. Across the board we raised our rates %10 for weekly mowing which has had the result in us netting the same amount of $$$ with a little less time.

I would like to bid out a few lawn installs to fill in the gaps of free time until the little one arrives. Having already though about approaching contractors, adds in the paper, and flyer's, does anyone have any input or suggestions?

To give you a little background, I have done about 12 new lawn installations and have built a pretty good reputation with each client. I can show great results and provide great references.

2. Oasis-Outdoor

Oasis-Outdoor LawnSite Member

Your own suggestion of approaching contractors is a good idea. Specifically, if you can find a development company that is building a residential sub-division, would be ideal. You might be able to approach them to bid grading and establishing the lawn on each property as the houses go up. The down side is contractors would tend to pay less per lawn installation than an individual homeowner. Congrats on starting a family and good luck with your business!