Attracting new customers (residential)

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by DK lawn care, Oct 31, 2007.

1. DK lawn care

DK lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

Whats the best way, besides word of mouth?

2. terryenterprises

terryenterprises LawnSite Member

Well I worked for ChemLawn as a sales neighborhood marketing rep, and I gotta say door 2 door isnt as cheesy as it sounds. Find a neighborhood and put your sales cap on. If you would like some sales pointers let me know. My closing rate was 75% when I left.

3. DK lawn care

Dang, u need to come and be my sales rep haha. What about flyers?

4. terryenterprises

flyers are effective, and are easy to distribute. however, you need to hit neighborhoods hard. Knock on doors, meet people, find out some things about them and their lawn care needs. Also a huge line of credit lies in your customers. Referrals and referral discounts are huge. It makes the customer feel good and your pocket book as well.

5. DK lawn care

Thanks for the tips, ill have to try that. If anyone has any other success tips that they used, post them up

6. terryenterprises

Also I here red max is the best for hand held products.

7. Portmax29

Portmax29 LawnSite Member

Hey Terryenterprises, i was wondering can you send me some sales tips my way?

8. DK lawn care

Whats Red Max?

9. TREEGUARD

TREEGUARD LawnSite Senior Member

you can try door hangers they work pretty good for me as well as flyers. when you go for a estimate put some door hangers on the nieghbors doors. Red Max makes great back back blowers & weed trimmers

10. p0wd3rp1l0t

p0wd3rp1l0t LawnSite Member

has anyone tried a mass-mailing idea? i guess i would be talkin bout 500-1000 in the mail flyers inc. picts and services available along with maybe a discount coupon of somesort