atv aggressive tires for ztr

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV' started by mag360, Mar 25, 2011.

1. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

Anybody have luck using 6ply atv tires in place of turf tires? Thinking of going to a 25-12-12 in place of 24-12-12 and airing down a little to maintain the same ride height but gain traction and flotation. Curious about longevity of tread and durability of the sidewall.

2. J.R. Services

J.R. Services LawnSite Senior Member

Are you going to be mowing with it? If its a zturn its gonna tear up everything
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. tlawn86

tlawn86 LawnSite Member
    from Katy

i put atv tires once to save money but couldnt mow nice yards will tear up the yards.. great if your just mowing lots and feilds..

Todd

4. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

What about Grasshoper, BadBoy, DixieChopper....and the other brands that use the ag style of tire? I can't see how they don't tear up turf...Hell, even Walker has an agressive style of tire.

I have thought about using a bigger tire too...but not agressive.

5. timbo350

timbo350 LawnSite Member

my dixiechopper tires are junk at $140.00 per tire and they only last a few months before the sidewalls let go im also looking at atv tires btk has some wooly booger looking tires that are 4ply that mite work

6. mike haynes

mike haynes LawnSite Member

7. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

Cut a lot of yards on these. Never tore anymore than Turfmasters IMHO. Just have to use three point turns religiously.

[​IMG]

8. bastinlandscape

bastinlandscape LawnSite Member

I have some AT101 Chevron tires on one of our scags. They give great traction but you have to be very careful on a nice lawn. We mostly just use it on fields, rough cut areas.

[​IMG]

9. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Silver Member
    from WV

The Carlisle All Trails are awesome tires. We have a few sets of them on garden tractors. JD puts them on their x700 series GTs. They give great tractor with little to no turf tear, if you know what you're doing.

10. Bubbatex0

Bubbatex0 LawnSite Member

These grip pretty good :laugh:

20140524_111543.jpg

20140524_111514.jpg