1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

ATV Brush clearing.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AB Lawn Care, Oct 12, 2000.

1. AB Lawn Care

AB Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I have been looking into buying an ATV for snow removal,but I have 1 problem.There is nothing I can do with it in the summer months.I know Brush Hog makes a tow behind mower,but that is for farmers lawns(rough)basically.I don't spray,so that is not an option.I could maby find a way to hook up a granular speader.The 1 thing I really would like to find is a bush hog for an ATV.Not the type like I said before,but an brush hog mower for clearing 4 foot tall brush.Does any one know of any after market or factory bush hogs of that nature????
  2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

FIREMAN LawnSite Senior Member
    from n.j.

4. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

i remember last year at my old school there was a guy cruising on a atv pulling a spreader on the soccer field. then i saw it being done on a powered riding spreader, the atv got the job done quicker. seems like a good idea to me. id say go for it, not to mention the fun u can have with it. have a relative that brings his brand new atv to the farm and boy is it fun. road it for hours last sunday.