Atv Seeder Picture

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Daner, May 29, 2006.

1. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

This Is when I neeb both units on a job.
    The seeder holds a full bag 50 lbs...any more and It would be too heavy on the slopes.
    The way I have that seeder mounted at the front ..there are no bolts or pins...It just sits in pockets , seconds to Install and remove.
    I'm going to make that spray tank mount the same way on the back...and also have the option of using the front seeder/spreader on the back or front.
    I find this set up to be so handy for me...Doing large country properties.
    Daner

spreader set up atv.jpg

2. prostriper

prostriper LawnSite Senior Member

If that was the case he would have mounted it on his nova. It would do the job alot faster

3. Mr.Ziffel

Mr.Ziffel LawnSite Senior Member

Now that I look at this picture again [saw it the other day] this looks like the Herd seeder I'm interested in without the cap on it. If it is, how do you like it? It seems to be a heavy duty yet smaller version of a true farm implement which should stand up to year in and year out use better than some of the homeowner-quality spreaders I've seen in the same price range. Would you buy it again? I've been quoted$340 for what looks like the same unit.

Thanks for any info on this. Will M>

4. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Mr Z I have several Herd spreaders and they work fine. I use them for fertilizer so they only last a couple of years. I always have a new one to use if my main one quits then I sell the old one at auction for parts.