ATV Writeoff?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by vadeere, Mar 22, 2004.

1. vadeere

vadeere LawnSite Member

Is an atv a legitimate tax writeoff? I am thinking of purchaseing one to pull a small trailer for mulch and such as that, also I would use it in the winter to push snow with. It might also find personal use in deer season and when my friends and I go camping. The atv I am thinking of is a new Polaris Sportsman 700. Does any else do this?

2. I did it, take a few pictures of it when you are using it for any question that might arise.

3. Planet Landscaping

Planet Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Oh ya. Plow sidewalks, aerate, pull a thatch matect.,and on days off,fun fun fun. We use Prairie 650 4x4s Modified to the gills. 100% Writeoff (the things wheelie awesome):blob2: :blob2: :angel: :D

4. deere mowers

deere mowers Banned

Yes I think that is one of our more favorite write offs

5. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

i use a grizzly 660 (yamaha) oh boy is it fast

6. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

We use 2 Polaris 4x4s. Never had a problem with write offs.

7. vadeere

vadeere LawnSite Member

How do your accounts react when you bring what in their eyes might be a "toy" to do a serious job, have you ever had any comment before?

8. hoyboy

hoyboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Chicago

My "toy" Honda Foreman can plow a city block worth of sidewalks in less than 10 minutes. If that doesn't qualify for a write off, I don't know what does.

9. DiscoveryLawn

DiscoveryLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I bought one a couple of years ago to pull a trailer with mulch. We built a 1.25 cu. yard trailer and was able to spread 4-6 yards of mulch per hour with 2 guys at a condo complex with beds 150 to 250 feet away from our pile.

Definately a business asset! Definately a business expense! Write it off.

10. Planet Landscaping

Planet Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Now only if I could use my Softail,Boat,or hanglider somehow in the buisness!:D :D :D