Auction Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MikeGA, Mar 25, 2001.

1. MikeGA

MikeGA LawnSite Member

Is it inappropriate to tell everyone about an upcoming auction which I recieved a brocheur for in the mail?? I have NO affiliation with the auction company, the auction in several hundred miles from me and I more than likely will not be attending, but some of the other guys closer to it or who may have more interest may wish to attend.

Don't want to get into any trouble, so I thought I would ask first.

Thanks, mike

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

This should be fine Mike. :)

We have members that mention auctions here, especially up in Canada. They must have a lot of them. :)

3. MikeGA

MikeGA LawnSite Member

It is going to be This Saturday, March the 31, 2001 in Hawkinsville, GA. They have alot of Farm Equipment, But they are also selling out CAP Mowing Service. They seem to have been in the larges acreage or right of way mowing. They have several JD, Massey Ferguson and ford tractors in the 50 to 150 hp range puling 11 15' bat wing mowers and a couple mounted with 20' reach Alamo side arm mowers. a couple of F350 crew cab dually service trucks with air compressors fuel tanks and tool boxs, a few other little things yall might be interested in.

But the main things yall possibly may be interested in are 2 1 year old Encore Prowlers 61" commercial 22 hp Kawi water cooled stick steer.
    20 Shindiawa T-270s with Quick load heads
    2 5'x10' Utility trailers w/fold down gates to haul mower and 10 weed eaters.( is this an appropriate ratio 10 eaters per mower??)

Let me know if this helps anyone and if it does when I come across other Auctions with similar items I will notify. My dad and I go to auctions all over the south east buying farm equipment and these type items appear in auction notices frequently.

If anyone wants other specific information on the auction, let me know. All I know is what is on this notice.

Later,
    Mike

4. lee b

lee b LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks for the notice Mike. Thats not too far from me, I may go and see if I can pick up a Shindiawa trimmer - cheap. I usually get brochures for farm equipment auctions thru the mail, but not for this one.

5. MikeGA

MikeGA LawnSite Member

I had you in mind on this Lee, it is Rebel Auction Co.

6. lee b

lee b LawnSite Fanatic

Mike, I wish I had all the money back that I've give to Rebel over the years. I've bought equipment at their auctions and piles of parts from their junk yard. If you've ever been to their place I used to tend the fields around it. I even bought the utility trailer I haul my mowers on from them.

7. MikeGA

MikeGA LawnSite Member

We can't buy stuff that close to home, we have to go to Mississippi, Misouri, and Arkansas to buy our stuff!

8. MikeGA

MikeGA LawnSite Member

Lee, Did you go to the auction?

9. lee b

lee b LawnSite Fanatic

Mike I didn't make it, I had to catch-up on my mowing. All this rain is getting me behind. Were there any good deals there? Is it as wet up north as it is down here? We haven't been able to spread fertilizer in two weeks and we're getting behind with that too. Of course with the prices going down on commodities everyday, nobody is really interested in putting out much fertilizer. I hope things are better where you're at.

10. MikeGA

MikeGA LawnSite Member

Rained here all day today! Things were begining to dry up a little. The guys we get our fertalizer from spent nearly $2000 in the first 3 weeks of march on wrecker bills, not to mention what the people they were spreading for pulled them out.
    Didn't make it down to that sale, I stayed here in town at a haardware/auto parts store auction till 8 p.m.