1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Auctioning off a maintnence contract

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by plow kid, Feb 27, 2001.

1. plow kid

plow kid Banned

I was wondering if any of you have thought of selling a seasonal contract on a internet auction like e-bay for a lot up to 10,000 feet for 28 mowing visits or 1 season, my buddy thought of this, i know there is alot of variables in this case but i thought about it and people go nuts over stuff on e-bay {including myself} i just wondering what you guys thought about this approach of selling a contract.
  2. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I hope he isn't your partner! Even more important, I hope you don't listen to him.
  4. Groundcover Solutions

Groundcover Solutions LawnSite Bronze Member

I would not do it! I think that the customer would not be to happy about it eather if they found out they were sold off to the highest bider!! Just my .02
  5. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

No Way!!
  6. nlminc

nlminc LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GA

I need accounts! Have a Murry, will travel... LOL

Seriously, I agree with the other guys here.

MIDSOUTH LawnSite Senior Member

some people will try to sell anything for a buck, I had a guy ask me if I wanted to buy some accounts the other day, I laughed at him, if I want more there are many out there to be found without having to buy them.
  8. plow kid

plow kid Banned

We were driving back from milwaukee and he asked me what i thought about auctioning off a maint. contract, i told him i wouldnt do it.

Yes, he is my buissness associate, he owns 1/3 of Nate's Lawn Service.
  9. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

There actually was someone selling their lawn service on eBay. It was a seasonal contract. Don't remember how much it went for.