Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by B&B LAWN, Mar 3, 2004.

1. B&B LAWN

B&B LAWN LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone bought mowers at an auction? How much and what brand did you get? the reason i am asking is because there is a big auction in a couple of weeks and it looks like there are some pretty good looking mowers that are gonna be there.

Check the site out and tell me what you think
  2. 4734

4734 LawnSite Member
    from Houston

Wow, that is a big selection of mowers, many of which had very low hours if the meters are correct and not tampered with.

Sorry, I cant' answer your question, having never bought a mower at an auction.

I wish we had auctions like that around here.
  3. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I just noticed there are 2 encore 34" ztr's in there, and those have not been out long, so I would say the hours are probably about right. Might be a good idea to go, but have restraint.
  4. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

Go for it I see some nice Exmark's on there.
  5. Boycea

Boycea LawnSite Senior Member

Wow, I wish their were auctions like that up north.
  6. swim

swim LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good to me if I were near I would check it out. You might get a great deal on some really good mowers. Just remember that it is a auction and all sales are final. No waranty, but if they go cheap why not. It is at least worht a look.
  7. grasssin

grasssin LawnSite Senior Member

Just got back to Auburn after making the wasted trip up there to see the auction.

What did you think of it? Buy anything?

Old men made me mad .....................

They had no idea of the retail value of those machines, especially 2003 models from dealers these days..............