august edition, possible messup with product tester

Discussion in 'LawnSite.com/TURF Magazine e-Reports' started by mcwlandscaping, Aug 14, 2006.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

i dont know if it is anyone on here, but in the august 2006 issue there is someone testing a shidy eb3510. What im wondering is, he kept calling it a four stroke motor but said it takes the mixed gas still. Is this just another case of someone mixing up technologies similar to people calling the stihl four mix a four stroke motor? Or is the shiny motor actually considered a four stroke motor? who ever tested it, im not trying to put you down at all, but, im just currious.

thanks
    mike

2. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

The Stihl four mix IS a four stroke motor.

3. Dstosh

Dstosh LawnSite Senior Member

Shindaiwa C4 Is a 4 Mix. It has Valves like a 4 stroke does but you still have to mix the gas.

4. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Wonder how they compare to stihl?

5. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Im wondering the samething, Stihl is very popular here (alot of dealers) The Shindiawa are alot fewer in dealers, the dealer I got my tiger cub from sells them also.

Back to the original post, allthough they use a mix, both the stihl and shindiawa are 4 stroke engines.

wayne

6. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

A few lcos run the C4 shindy equipment around me. They use them a lot for working around nursing homes and such because the are really quiet. Thats what I've heard anyway, but me...I'll stick to standard 2 cycle!! JMO

7. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I have a C4 with the split-shaft (hedge trimmer and tiller). For hedge trimming, I hate it because it is so typically slow. For the tiller, I love it because it has a ton of torque for such a little engine. In other words, it's typical four-stroke.

And yes, I do have to mix the fuel. I run the Opti-2 just like everything else I have.:)