August Slump, loving it.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by greenmonster304, Aug 14, 2011.

1. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

Things have slowed down a bit a i am enjoying it. Both the kids are big enough to bring along now so we can take advantage of the local spots that I take for granted. Spending time with my kids and my brothers family has been fun and it takes me back to when I was a kid doing the same with my parents and my cousins.

113.jpg

134.jpg

238.jpg

272.jpg

283.jpg

2. greenmonster304

A few more. And I cant wait we are heading to kill devil hills on the outer banks NC at the end of the month for a week.

293.jpg

303.jpg

306.jpg

300.jpg

3. rlpsystems

rlpsystems LawnSite Senior Member

Nice....Its always nice to slow down and enjoy life.....

4. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

take the boys to see gravediggers garage , the monster truck its in kill devil hills

5. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Not much water in our landlocked state, so we hit the mountains instead. I climbed my first 14er yesterday - Mt Bierstatd 14,060'. CO has 55 peaks over 14,000 feet. My knee held up just fine too. Bierstadt is the peak to the right, and the Sawtooth Ridge going to the left would lead to another 14er, Mt Evans. Definitely wasn't trying two in one day for my first.

I love when it slows down too :)

bierstadtridge.jpg

6. greenmonster304

The land in the background of the canoe pics is 700 acres of woods and horse pasture owned by louis bacon who also owns the 170,000 Trinchera Ranch in Colorado. I think it has some big mountains in it. Do you know where I am talking about Dana?
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

No, but I will Google it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Got to admire Dana's work ethic. :clapping: I thought they were called "14eeners".

Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  9. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

The way you spelled it, it gets pronounced "fourteen-eeners". 14ers make it "fourteeners" :)

http://14ers.com/

Gotta play when there is time to play. Work when there is work to be done.::Edit - just found this http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_18680971
    Hiker injured traversing from Mt Bierstadt (where I was) to Mt Evans, on the Sawtooth Ridge.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  10. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

We've had the mo/ho to 11k and worked in Nederland at the same altitude; one moves very slow at that spectacular height.