August Slump, loving it.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by greenmonster304, Aug 14, 2011.

1. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Very true, very true. 6 hours round trip, for a 7 mile round trip hike. Not a lot of oxygen up there.

2. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

A few more. And I cant wait we are heading to kill devil hills on the outer banks NC at the end of the month for a week.

You are heading to a fun place. I will about 1.25 hrs south of you.. You should take a trip down to Ocracoke island.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

Slump, What Slump?
    I'm backed up three weeks right now just on service work let alone planned renovations.
    Factor in all the time I spend on fire calls and I am lucky to get home before 9pm most nights. Last Friday I spent from 1400 to 0615 on a 250 acre call out - the week before it was only nine hours at a different location.
    I will say this though, my FD has a fundraiser scheduled September 17, a demolition derby. Me and a few guys (well, they are performing the majority of the work since I found the car)are prepping a '76 4dr caddy with a 501 cubic inch motor for the event. This thing is a real guinea gunboat, weighs right around 7,000lbs, long and is full of steel.
    I'll post a few pictures when I get a chance.