1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Austin Texas market

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by smokejumper33, Jul 20, 2005.

1. smokejumper33

smokejumper33 LawnSite Member

Im looking giving firefighting in Arkansas where I have also worked in my off time for a lawnmowing business for 3 years and moving to Austin. Considering starting my own lawn business and was wondering what the market is like if anyone can give me some insight and advice please.
  2. John's Lawns

John's Lawns LawnSite Member

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm moving to Austin in a few months and was wondering the same things. I'm sure there are plenty of lawns but also plenty of lawn businesses. Good luck to you.
  3. Redneckn

Redneckn LawnSite Senior Member

Lots of businesses here. lots of yards. tons of new contstuction. i dont do yards, but i think there would be plenty of business to go around.

btw. if you move here and need a very part time mechanic. i do good work for reasonable money.
  4. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

I may have some work for ya...

My aunt lives there and there house keeper just retired so she's in need of a grounds keeper...

I'll know more later today
  5. Redneckn

Redneckn LawnSite Senior Member

I could do that kind of thing too.. But whomever would have to understand that I have a fulltime job that has set hours and I will not miss it. But I do have weekends off and I get off weekdays at 630pm.

let me know if she would be interested in meeting or discussing. I clean up real well and know how to respect my elders.