Austin TX diving in head first!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by SouthpawLawnCare, Jun 9, 2014.

1. SouthpawLawnCare

SouthpawLawnCare LawnSite Member

My name is Joe. I'm 43 and just resigned from my easy, secure job working in Juvenile probation, to start landscaping for a living..
    The day I turned in my resignation, I went to a lawn and tractor Supply store and bought:
    Two Honda Honda HRC 216 mowers
    Two Shindaiwa t282 trimmers
    One Echo cs400 chainsaw
    One Echo hc155 hedge trimmer
    One Echo pay 225 with tiller and edger attachments
    One Echo PB770T blower
    All brand new equipment. I've wanted to do this for over 20 years.... Now I've done it.... I've really done it this time! Lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. PicturePerfectLawns

PicturePerfectLawns LawnSite Gold Member

Congratulations and welcome from a fellow Austin Texan. ;) Did you work part time in landscaping before jumping into this? If not, you picked the best time of the year to start. Because around August 1, you will know if it's really something you want to do or not. Drink plenty of water and put on plenty of sunscreen when your coming from the office! ;)

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Welcome aboard ....get to picture posting we need more texas post.

4. austin lawn mowing

austin lawn mowing LawnSite Member
    from Austin

Welcome to the Austin lawn mowing space!

5. SouthpawLawnCare

I worked for a lawn care/landscaping company over 20 years ago... As for the heat, landscaping my own house has been a hobby for the last few years. I've built a 6000 gallon koi pond with wrap around flagstone deck, a few larger succulent gardens among other things. Nobody likes working in 100° heat, but I'm good with it. I have good clothing, made for working outdoors in the heat.
    As for the "office", there is no more office. Last Friday was my last day :clapping:

6. SouthpawLawnCare

I need some advice on a zero turn. I'll be buying one in a few weeks. I was looking at the 36" Bobcat walk behind. It has the same motor and transmission as the scag. I was going to get a Sally with it. What concerns me most is the belt drive. Their Hydro model is $1500 more... That almost breaks my budget. Is it worth it?
    Also, I need a trailer... Any advice on where to buy my trailer?

7. SouthpawLawnCare

Posted via Mobile Device

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Go to Mccoys and ask for Jimmy.....snapper sw20 or new scag swzt.

9. SouthpawLawnCare

Posted via Mobile Device

10. ReddensLawnCare

ReddensLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't you think you should try to get some steady accounts before you go but more equipment?
    Posted via Mobile Device