Austin TX folks...

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by fubu2, Jul 18, 2006.

1. fubu2

fubu2 LawnSite Member

Where is a good place to get used equipment in Austin?
    I'm looking to start mowing some lawns on the weekends for some extra cash, and I'd like to start out with decent stuff if possible.
    Also, what would be the most efficient way to advertise my services? I have a day job, so like I say I just want some weekend work. Thanks for any advice guys.

2. John's Lawns

John's Lawns LawnSite Member

Welcome to Lawnsite. I am in south Austin........Diamond Jim's outdoor power equipment on Manchaca might have some used equipment. As far as advertising, I sent out postcards and got a pretty good response. Also flyers, doorhangers, business cards, etc. are all good advertising tools. Good luck.

3. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

Hey, fubu2, give me a shout.
    I have several serviceable used pieces of equipment I would like to sell.
    You can either pm me here or email me at:
    Good luck either way,
    Steve.

4. fubu2

fubu2 LawnSite Member

SWD...I can't seem to PM you, it says I don't have enough privleges or something. Can you try to PM me?

5. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

email him,

Also, from time to time you might run across some stuff at Craigslist.com in the "tools" section. Here is a direct link http://austin.craigslist.org/tls/

6. fubu2

fubu2 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the link!
    My email is conked out at the moment, and I have yet to call AT&T to fix it.

7. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I'll sell ya a Shindaiwa T231 to get you going. $200 cash and it's yours, great shape.

8. fubu2

fubu2 LawnSite Member

I've actually already got a trimmer, it's an older Echo similar to the current SRM-210. I know it's not the most heavy duty out there, but I think it'll work ok, it's never let me down on my lawn anyway :D. bought it a couple years ago on clearance at Home Depot for $65.

9. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Which, until July 31st, you can get new w/warranty for $235.

10. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

fubu2, you need to enable your private messaging.
    Or post an alternative method of contact.
    Steve