Australia gives oil companys the @rse.

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Sandgropher, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Sandgropher

Sandgropher LawnSite Senior Member

Well some of you may have read prevously that some state goverments in Australia have offered $1000 bonus to change your car to LPG ( costs 1/3 to 1/2 of the cost of petrol) today the federal goverment has offered another $2000- on top of that with the average price for conversion around $2500 it will cost most people nothing to change over and slash $1000s of there fuel bill, now all we have to worry about is people wanting big discounts on the price of there lawn :laugh: as costs have come down.

I thought it would be interesting to post, we often feel sorry for Americans as you have to eat high petrol prices and will only get worse butv at least we are winning the battle here*aussieflag*

P.S, L.P.G is around 60c a litre here.

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah LPG is all fine and dandy until you need 100 million barrels / day, then all of a sudden we're back to square one. But in the meantime, why not take advantage of it, it would take years before everyone converts, no matter how you look at it.

3. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

LPG stands for Liquified PETROLEUM Gas. The oil companies still make out, 'cause it comes from the same place.

4. Sandgropher

Yeah it could take years to convert every one, i saw a local conversion place today on T.V they do 16 a week it takes around 2 days each one,1000s rung up places around Australia yesterday to book in the waiting list has blown out to nov and its only day 2, at least we do not have to worry about getting so much oil from the middle east now, we have enough gas here than we know what to do with,we just sold 5 billon $$$ worth to China, the only thing is that my father reckons L.P.G prices will increase as the companys take advantage of the situation, but they cant do it soon or nobody will bother to convert.:)

5. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Hey Sand, we used to have really cheap natural gas around here too until
    the builders were all building with natural gas heating systems and the new power plants went online burning it as well.

The result?
    Natural gas prices that are no cheaper than using fuel oil.

6. Sandgropher

It could happen here to i suppose, a lot of people have gas heaters, but no power plants yet i do not think :confused: hopefully the power plants do not change over, then we will be paying the same price as fuel :cry: as the demand increases.

7. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Yup, I'm sure the cost of LPG will increase for you however there is still an added benefit, it's definitely cleaner burning.

8. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

You lucky bastards.