1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Auto insurance for us "youngins"?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Evan528, Apr 28, 2002.

1. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I am 17 years old.... I currently have commerical full coverage insurance on my 2000 f-250 wich is somewhat reasonable considering my age (250 a month). Last week I was all set to buy a 93 f-450 stake body dump...one hitch.....the only insurance company I could find who will even take me on because of my age wanted 500 dollars a month:eek: . For you younger guys in this business, who are you using for auto insurance? I pay out the wazoo for liability and auto as a result of my age. Can any body point me in the right direction as to what company may take me on with reasonable rates? I know I cant be the only young guy on here with this problem.:confused:

2. trimmasters

trimmasters LawnSite Senior Member

Evan, I have been with Erie since I was 18 ,i'm 19 now
    My 99 chevy 2500 HD runs 650 a year and My 93 GMC 3500HD dump(15,000 gvw) runs about 600 a year. (both are full covrage one million covrage. hope this helps

3. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

Erie was one of the companies I contacted. The agent was to get me quotes and get back to me....he called the next day to say that due to my age Erie can not help me. I will be turning 18 next month...maybe things will be easier then.

4. AK Lawn

AK Lawn LawnSite Member

My 01' ram V10 is almost 488 a month, but my 85' crew cab 1ton is only 88 a month though ALL-State, my father has insured my V10 and i pay, it is only 200 a month, still seems high, do not have another choice
    AK Lawn
    i am 19

5. CJIII

CJIII LawnSite Member

Evans you got a bad rig. Evans I would like to know how did u get started.