Auto Payment

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by jcanada, Feb 19, 2003.

1. jcanada

jcanada LawnSite Member

How many of you use an auto pay method. I know of PayPal and Epal. What are the costs for these if only a handful of customers are using this. Can it be set up for bi-monthly payments? Are there other services out there you use? I know that I personally use some type of auto pay on my truck, house, all insurance, equipment lease, etc. I love the convenience and I think some of my customers would like to pay for their lawn applications this way. I would like to find a way to draw from their account and put it directly into my account. Can anyone help me with these questions? I tried a search but I could not get all my questions answered specifically. Thanks.

Jud

2. coonman

coonman LawnSite Senior Member

No need for that. I have several customers that pay me using their own bill pay service through their computer. All these services will let you setup recurring payments etc. I use one also for all my personal bills, it is very easy. I would think you might be opening up a big can of worms trying to setup auto drafts.

3. jcanada

jcanada LawnSite Member

Coonman,
    Do you use a local service or is it online? If it is online, what is the name of the service? Thanks.

Jud

4. coonman

coonman LawnSite Senior Member

5. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

6. I have customers that keep a credit card # on file with me. End of month - send statement, charge card, money is in the bank that day.
    Works great.

PayPal only costs when you use. No set up fee.