Auto Truck/Business Insurance

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by coolmc11, Nov 7, 2007.

1. coolmc11

coolmc11 LawnSite Member

Just wondering if anyone knows around about price for insurance for 2002 F-250 Diesel Truck. I didnt know if it was didnt because of owning a business. Also avg. price for Business Insurance Landscaping and Lawncare...?thanks

2. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

shop around, i have a 2004 GMC half ton and its 100 bucks a month for full coverage. My general liability is like 35 bucks a month for 1 million

3. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

LOL I can't wait till I can pay those prices. I drive a 2001 Ford Crown Vic and pay $265 for gen liability $1mil. Being 17 has such horrible limitations...

4. Gilligan

Gilligan LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Insurance premiums vary greatly based on many different factors...to many to even list.

Call an agent in your area or just go online and get a quote from one of the major insurance carriers that writes in your area...

5. Gilligan

Gilligan LawnSite Member
    from Florida

I've heard the term "full coverage" alot... and I have found that Full coverage means different things to different people...It is usually a term used by insurance agents that really don't know what the heck they are talking about, so rather than explain the coverages, they just say.."its full coverage"

whats your interpretation?

6. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Check out Erie insurance or Nationwide. I have Erie for commercial auto and gen. liabillity and the service is great! The premiums are competitive as well.

7. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

whats so hard to understand about it, full coverage is basically both comp and collision. It covers both you and whoever or whatever you hit.

8. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

thats because commercial auto insurance doesnt look at your age. If they did my AUTO ONLY would be about $11,000 (yes Eleven Thousand) more per year.

I use one company for everything (auto/gen liability/workers comp/snow ins/lawn ins/equipment/etc.) and its much cheaper than doing everything with seperate companies.

9. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

REALLY? I'm gettin a truck next year so that's good news:)