Autocad landscape design

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC, Sep 26, 2007.

1. KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC LawnSite Bronze Member

SO i learned how to do landscape design the old fashioned way with pencil and paper. Now it seems like everyone is using AUtocad so I am taking courses on it. Does anyone have a sample landscape design they did through Autocad so i can see what its like? Im only at the base stages of Autocad now but it would be nice to know.
    Jason

2. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

This is a basic planset. Is your CAD drafting class focused on landscape drawing, or is it a more broad-based course?

Attached Files:

3. AGLA

AGLA LawnSite Bronze Member

This is just plain old autocad.

[​IMG]

4. KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC LawnSite Bronze Member

thanks for the samples guys. I guess what im looking for is a file saved in Autocad that i can open in autocad to see it first hand. i have autocad 2005 and 2008.

Papercutter, my class is a broad course. unfortunatly not directedly landscape related. thats why i wouldnt mind seeing a sample of what autocad is capable of doing.

5. LarryF

LarryF LawnSite Bronze Member

Jason,

I haven't fiddled with Autocad in years and don't have the progam anymore, so I can no longer open .dwg drawings. But here's a site that has some you can download.

http://homepage.tinet.ie/~alainn/

I suspect most aren't landscape designs, but I saw a 'garden wall' listed. But I couldn't open it for the reason stated. Browse around in google and maybe you'll find more.

I was never favorably impressed with Autocad, and if all you want to create are 2-D drawings, it seems to me to be an overkill. But good luck with it anyway.

6. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

those are just blocks ( details).

i use autocad all the time, it is pretty sweet.

7. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey dude..Im taking AutoCad as well basic and I have the 2008 installed on my laptop, Are you taking classes at N.H.T.I.??? I might run into you I go to the night classes on day a week, all I can handle:drinkup:

8. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

There are complete drawings, as well as blocks, at www.cben.net . You'll have to dig around, but they're there.

When you say "what AutoCAD is capable of doing"- what do you mean? 3D? Textures? Patterns?

9. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

I think what he means is what autocad can do for landscapeing and the way it looks, Is there an autocad JUST for landscapeing, because I know the class Im taking is basic and it does have trees and plants and stuff like that for blocks and all.

10. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

all the landscape specific programs are autocad with built in routines, etc.

as far as what it can do... it can do anything, the trick is to know how to make it do it.