1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Automatic Gutter Cleaning Robot

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Canadian GreenScape, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Canadian GreenScape

Canadian GreenScape LawnSite Member

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Somehow I get this feeling it's one of those things that works great in demos and videos and television infomercials and testimonials and all the pics and blablabla about how fast and good of a job it does, until YOU buy one and go to put it to actual use, then suddenly and mysteriously it becomes an absolutely worthless piece of crap. :laugh:
  3. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

Agreed, they will market the crap out of them... they are so great, yada yada.... then they "Stop working"
  4. NJT

NJT LawnSite Member

Someone should get one and tell the rest of us how it is :)
  5. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Well that has to be the dumbest thing Iv'e seen today... How often do you find DRY and LOOSE debris in a gutter?? Pretty much never. That thing is just another grand scam. However the inventor will get rich I'm sure.
  6. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know with the drought across the country this year you just might find all that dry crap in their
  7. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

I was wondering if anyone else noticed how nice and dry that gutter was.:confused:

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

The video did'nt actually show the little guy work thou, or did I miss something.:hammerhead:
  9. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

Mostly people don't call you for eave cleaning till they are having problems. That means plugged down spouts and eaves full of water. However, when you do get an easy job, because someone has it done routinely, I have been known to just make a bunch of noise and pretend to be doing something.

I might as well get me one of these for the winter.

10. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

the other videos below the first one where the guy is putting it in the gutter show it working and running the gutter.

I don't know though.. 15 hours to charge the battery and it runs for 20-30 minutes which they say is about 250' ...... not very useful compared to a nice high pressure hose.