1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

AUX power for trailer ??

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by rayf268, Apr 24, 2008.

1. rayf268

rayf268 LawnSite Member

Ok I am trying to figure out where the aux power runs on my truck (06 chevy 3\4 w\ tow pakage) On the plug cover it shows what each pin is for ie. rt turn, lt turn. but the center pin for aux power for interor lights isn't marked and I don't have lights inside. so I take off the plastic cover on the back of the truck connetor and there is a green wire there but I don't know there it goes and where I should hook it to when I find it. I was thinking the rear cargo light so I won't forget it some day and come in to a dead batt.

2. Merlin300

Merlin300 LawnSite Member
    from Zone 5

I believe the center pin is back-up lights. Can't remember where the aux. is located.
  3. foggyjr5

foggyjr5 LawnSite Member

The Aux. Pin in the plug should be wired to a switched power source. A switched power source is on that is only hot when the key is on. And off when not turned on.
  4. rayf268

rayf268 LawnSite Member

the center pin should be aux power and there is a wire to it but its not powered and I would like to know where it ends so I can hook it to power
  5. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

On ours it was all set to go. You may need to put a fuse in at the main fuse center under the hood. We spent about an hour wondering why we couldn't get current, finally called the dealer and they usually don't put them in unless specified.
  6. Horsepower Lawns

Horsepower Lawns LawnSite Member

If its a factory 7RV plug, the center is BACKUP, not hot.

You need to pull your fuse cover that is under the hood on the driver side fender.
    When standing at the fender look at the top left fuse, it may still have a red DUMMY fuse in it, pull it out and put a real fuse in. It will be hot all the time.

Ford is the only one that puts the hot on the key, but you can pull the relay and put a jumper in so its hot all the time.
  7. rayf268

rayf268 LawnSite Member

thanks all I don't know why I had it in my head that the center was aux I got it now just like HP lawn said poped in a 30amp fuse and I am in biz