Auxiliary Hydraulic Kits for LS125???

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by flairland, Mar 4, 2008.

1. flairland

flairland LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys,
    I'm looking up and down for a good mini-skid, or small skid steer right now, and the latest I've found is a 2002 New Holland LS125. Its a good price, and seems to be in great shape, but it doesn't have auxiliary hydraulics to power attachments. Can you buy a auxiliary hydraulic kit for these machines, and if so, do you have any ideas as to what they'd cost?
    Thanks.
    Also, if anyone has any comments on the LS125, please pass them on.

2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

It is something that can be ordered up for it no problems from any NH dealer, but it won't be cheap to buy and put in, your best bet is to find a machine that already has it.

3. flairland

Ok, thanks Ron, good to know its at least an option, I'll stop by the NH dealerships tomorrow and see what they're worth.

4. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

It's not cheap to add aux. hydraulics after the machine has left the factory. Wasn't every other MFG. providing aux. hydraulics as standard equipment in '02? Come on NH...

5. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

I have seen allot of NH with out aux. hyd. for sale in recent farm papers. I guess what they always say NH are good for is true, Pushing cow $h** around in a barn yard.:laugh:

6. KRtraxx

KRtraxx LawnSite Senior Member

Wisconsin and Minn. are the No. 1 users of skid steers per capita in the world.In Wi. New Holland outsells the competition by a fair margin. Are you saying we have THAT much more cow **** to push around???? lol
    The LS 125 is a VERY small unit.Aux.hyd. are an option instead of standard due to the cost competitive nature of this size class..

7. flairland

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know that I bought the machine! I found out that it'll cost about $1000 to install aux. hydraulics so I didn't find that too bad. I'm gonna try painting it up before the warm weather hits too yet. I'm really excited! My first dirt machine! :)

8. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

That is a good deal $1,000 isn't bad at all. I would have thought it would have been more like the $2,000 - $3,000 mark. You did well hope to see pictures of it.