1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Auxilliary 12V power on Scag photos...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jet boater, Mar 29, 2001.

1. Jet boater

Jet boater LawnSite Member

Here's a couple of photos for adding a 12V power take-off to a Turf Tiger. There is also a toggle switch on the control panel if I want to leave power on instead of pressing button.

2. Stonewall

Stonewall LawnSite Senior Member

Nice set up. How did you run the wire from the button switch? Through the handle or just under the grips? What are you running with the 12 volts?
  3. yardsmith

yardsmith LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Pretty slick; that's the way I like to do things.
    Reminds me (you could tell people this) of a "Nitrous" button. Gee, the worlds first mower with nitrous!
  4. Jet boater

I ran the wires down the inside of the handle and into the control box. The switch was from Radio Shack and fit perfect.

I put an automotive type relay inside the control box and used that to control the 12V to the back. Of course, I also wired a fuse into the line coming from the battery.

Hmmm, I hadn't thought of nitrous..... yet.

5. Jet boater

Oh, I run a 25 gal boom sprayer with it.
  6. tomoaktree

tomoaktree LawnSite Member
    from WNY

That 's very creative. You should get a patton on that! Would like to see a photo of your sprayer hooked up.