avalanche is ugly but...

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by bubble boy, Jan 11, 2003.

1. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

i was thinking they can attract attention, which is good. there's a few around here that i've seen, used for plowing

think about it, big bed if you need it, or carry the crew around. logo it up, would turn heads.

lets face it, a scratched, dented silverado with the logo on the side, mud spilling out of the back isn't exactly pretty anyway.

i would never buy one for personal use, but for work...3/4 ton ones are quite expensive, though.

anyone seen many where they are used for biz?

2. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

WAY too ugly for me to even consider. And as long as the F Superdutys are doing their job I wouldn't need to look any further. "If it aint broke, don't fix it."

3. Dennis E.

Dennis E. LawnSite Senior Member

For use in plowing? Why?
    Have not seen any in use here as a "service" vehicle.
    Get a truck that will be capable to fill your needs.

4. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

we call em truglies ! city folks drive them to the office.

5. I think that chev made them for city people to buy and drive like a car. I think alot of people that buy them buy them so that they can feel that they can tackle the elements when they are far from being prepared. I`ll admit that we looked at them because we could still put stone dust of topsoil or welding suppies in it but still carry alot of people when needed to. but they are expensive and we`ve decided to go with a regular truck. If they were ment to be a practical work truck GM would have put a Deisel in the 2500 series one insted of the 6.0L gas. but if u want a deisel a place near were i live called Red Line Trucks will build a custom one for you with the duramax in them. they build custom GM trucks that cost alot less than the sticker price.

6. pottstim

pottstim LawnSite Senior Member

You can get the 8100 Big Block in the 2500 series Avalanche, just incase you didn't know that. It comes with the 4L85-E auto, which is a stronger version of the 4L80-E.

Tim

7. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

...there's no buts, it's ugly.

Starting price for the 2500 is $37,395 * . Think you'd be better off with a F-350 or 450 crew cab w/dump and still be alot cheaper.

8. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

they are pricey. i don't know that i would ever go thru with getting one. we're getting to to the point where anything less than a dump bed would be too small.

just one of those things i think about

9. cklands

cklands LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

It is the NASTIEST looking truck ever made. I wouldn't even think about them. I do have a friend that uses one for his irrigation company though...he likes it.

10. cat320

cat320 LawnSite Senior Member

It is the uglyest truck chevy has made yet .Now they rubber stamped its design on all there trucks "what arigenality" for design.