Average age of Lawnsite User

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn DOG, Jul 22, 2003.

?

Average age of Lawnsite user

1. 10-19

14 vote(s)
    8.1%
  2. 20-29

41 vote(s)
    23.8%
  3. 30-39

63 vote(s)
    36.6%
  4. 40-49

41 vote(s)
    23.8%
  5. 50+

13 vote(s)
    7.6%
  1. Lawn DOG

Lawn DOG LawnSite Senior Member

10-19
    20-29
    30-39
    40-49
    50+

2. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

I think the 10-19 is alittle too broad of a range of maturity there.. the youngest I've seen on here was 13 I beleive...
    And why'd you go from 40-49 and then 41+ ???

3. Lawn DOG

My mistake, that should have been 50+.
    If a moderator reads this would they fix it.

4. Lawn DOG

After reading many post,
    I am curious of the average age ranges. I think it will help give some clarity to the responses sometimes given.

My original post with the ages was done like that because I have never posted a poll before and did it wrong.

5. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

age doesn't automagically make someones answer better than the next's. i know plenty of dumb-as-rock 50 year olds that make you wonder how they got through life alive. and plenty of really smart teens. then again there are just as many at the opposite end of the spectrum.

6. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

Something that wedo for membership benefits participants is list their number of years in business as opposed to their age. I am considering making this an option for the public section of the site as well. I agree that age might not truly indicate intelligence or business knowledge and savvy.

Number of years in the industry and number of years in the business as an owner may help clear up some questions. What does everyone think?

7. GLAN

GLAN Banned

You can tell, after reading someone for a short while you get the general idea.

I have been here a couple days. How old do I come across as?

No peaking at the "profile"

8. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Sean

The age is irrelevent.

As I said above. You can tell who and what people are after reading them for a short while

9. GLAN

GLAN Banned

And while I am at doing multiple posts ;)

What is the "memberships benefits" all about?

10. snowplowjay

snowplowjay LawnSite Member

Its funny i see this thread. There is a new member over on Plowsite who we are having trouble figuring out his true age. Several of us who chat on a frequent basis through aol instant messenger think he is 15 yrs old but he claims to most people to be 20. The sad part is that some of his posts seem relevant whereas others seem to be totally immature in nature (and not in a well mannered fun way like we usually try and keep it.)

Any thoughts.

Jay