average cost of spring clean up?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by DandG, Mar 12, 2007.

1. DandG

DandG LawnSite Member

On the average sized property what should the cost of a spring clean up be? I guess it would probably take me by my self about 2 1/2 hrs. just wondering what I should be charging.

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

my brother and i charge 35 an hour per guy, not including any materials used.

3. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

What is average size? average around here, or average where you live?
    Do you mean dethatching, trimming, brush removal, mulching the beds, the full sha-bang?
    or just cleaning up some leaves?
    too many variables to answer your question.
    I charge $50/ hour, plus dump fees and materials fees.
    Hope this helps.

4. THEGOLDPRO

**** maybe i need to up my price, lol

5. mattfromNY

I used $32/ man hour last year (my first year), but I bust my a$$ and dont stop for nothing until the job is done. I tried out $50/ hour on a couple of jobs and found no complaints, I was able to do one or two less jobs and bring in the same money with less back pain at the end of the week. So far as I am not losing jobs or having any major complaints, the labor rate stays at 50. As far as I am concerned, if someone wants it cheaper, I could do it for the lesser rate, slack a little during the job and take my time and it all ends up the same in the end.
    If I was you, and all the other people who read this post, I'd raise my price too! Then we'd all live a little better!

6. THEGOLDPRO

yeah but you work solo no??? my brother and i are partners so were always together so its more like 70 an hour with 2 of us there, so it guess it all evens out in the end.

7. mattfromNY

True! But I work like 3 men and a boy, so my customers are REALLY getting a deal! LOL.

8. THEGOLDPRO

haha yeah im a bit lazier i suppose i try not to kill myself while working its not worth it.

9. ManorD24

ManorD24 LawnSite Member

$120 minium and thats on houses that are less than 1/4 acre, no thatching, just blow out the beds, lawn and give it first cut. Less than an hour with 2 guys working.

10. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Well if you take 2 1/2 hours solo to do the job that would work out to be $125 @ $50 per man hour.

That is my minimum for fall cleanups, got a few that I can do in 45 minutes solo and get the 125 dollar check with a thank you and a smile.

Spring cleanups are alot harder than the fall cleanups. In the fall you are cleaning the lawn and in the spring you are scrubing the lawns.

I dont touch anything for under $175 in the spring. About 10% of my accounts are priced under $200 per cleanup. I can go up as high as $350 for a larger than average lawn. Then there are the really BIG ones. We wont even talk about those.

So basicly what I'm saying is nothing for less than $175, but my average is around $250-$275 for spring cleanups.