Average cuts per year in PA

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Zachary52902, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Zachary52902

Zachary52902 LawnSite Member

I was wondering If anyone could tell me the average cuts per year in Pa near philadelphia. I charge for 26 cuts and I usually discount the customer that pay the whole year in advance. Depending on the customer give them 1 or 2 free cuts. What are your thoughts on that?

2. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

I average 28-30 on unirrigated and 32 on irrigated....last year all accounts were at 33 with all the rain. You've been in business for 5 years and have not figured out how many times you cut an account each year? Sounds like you are giving away more than 1 or 2 free cuts....more like 5 or 6. No freebies here.... I average out a yearly residential contract at 30 cuts and if I cut 32, they pay the difference and vice versa if I were to only cut 28.

3. Zachary52902

Zachary52902 LawnSite Member

When the weather is hot I usually only cut when it is needed instead of every week. So it usually comes out to 26 cuts. This year I plan on cutting every week. Thats why I wanted to know how many cuts. So I can charge accordingly. Thanks

4. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Me too, but I've never been below 28. You have to learn to extend the season. ;)

5. fastlane

fastlane LawnSite Senior Member

Ave. 28 . last year 32 with none irrigated

6. Lawn-N-Garden Guy

Lawn-N-Garden Guy LawnSite Senior Member

Hey my wife is from Bensalem,28 for me too

7. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

I just spent 2 days in bensalem.........
    28-30 cuts.

8. BrianK10

BrianK10 LawnSite Senior Member
    from usa

I'm a short ride down I-95 from you guys. I charge for 30 cuts.

Brian

9. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

agreement is based on 32...even in the drought of 2002, we only skipped a couple weeks if I recall correctly. Most of our accounts are small to medium commercial and nearly all of them(including residential) are set up as "grounds maintenance"...so theres work to do whether the mower is running or not...we try to "drought proof" most of our accounts...

10. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

26 for really slow growing, non irrigated lawns; and up to 32 for fertilized and irrigated lawns..

Was right around 28-30 for 2003.. Contracts are billed for 30 cuts unless they specify something else.