1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Average fuel Mileage for your Ford 6.0 deisel

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Blades of Steel, Jan 4, 2004.

1. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

okay guys, what is the average fuel mileage you get with your 6.0 Ltr Fords? I have searched all forums and found nothing. I searched MPG, Miles Per Gallon and fuel consumption and got nothing.

I have 600 miles on mine was just wondering what i should expect.

2. Bond's Lawn Keepers

Bond's Lawn Keepers LawnSite Member

Hello Blades, I have a 6.0 on my f350 and I am getting around 11 pulling my rig. I pull my trailer only with the overdrive off. When i pull my boat i get around 15. I had a 7.3 and love it, but when i went to a bigger trailer i wanted a dully and it was worth it.
  3. xcopterdoc

xcopterdoc LawnSite Senior Member

4. dwc

dwc LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 2004 F250 crew cab fx4 and my 6.0 is averaging about 14 with trailer and all around driving and about 16-17 at 75mph empty on highway. It now has almost 10K miles. Also, when I first bought it I got around 10-12mpg so it has picked up a lot. The highway mileage was from a trip I just took to Mississippi.

5. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

I wouldn't worry too much about it. That engine is tight and won't get good mileage until around 20,000 miles.